Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The Real Japan

Imagine leaves so beautiful they cant be real, varying in shades of yellow, red and orange, like a painting come to life, and you are laying in a steaming hot spring looking up. This is what I did for 4 hrs today! It is the ultimate, being surrounded by beauty whilst feeling complete contentment.
Nuding up for a real Japan experience at the onsen is a little strange at first, as is sharing a bath with other woman you have never met before, hairy bush and all. BUT it is so relaxing, you listen to the running water, the birds chirping, feel the steam rising around you as the cool wind blows. It couldnt get any better. It is just a matter of blocking out the nudity, and extreme hair surrounding you in the bath, once you master this - serenity!
Follow this experience with an amazing meal of traditional Japanese cuisine.......if I get to heaven I am so going to the Japanese version. They experience heaven every time they open their mouths!
Being back here 12 years on I am falling in love with this country again, I keep asking myself why did I take so long to return.......I could so easily come back here an live again........too easily.

No comments: