Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Lucky Stars

I think my lungs are frozen.
I feel fucked to say the least.
I just walked up the steepest hill in the dark and through the snow.
BUT I consider myself the lucky one.
Right now there are people stuck on the gondala I usually take home in the evening. Its -15 degrees out there.
Today the Blackcomb gondala had a pole snap. Clean through. I dont think anyone has been killed but its pretty scary all the same. They are using cranes to get people down but its a slow and dangerous process.
I am so glad I was having a lazy day, sitting online at home applying for jobs.
BUT being an ambulance chaser that I am as soon as I heard I had to walk down to take a look. Not knowing that they werent going to let me up again..... I felt guilty but I even took photos.
It really isnt a good start to the ski season here, firstly the snow is dismal for this time of year, so the jobs are limited. Now this.
I thank my lucky stars!

No comments: