Sunday, February 1, 2009

Dog Attack

Last night I went to a UFC Fight Party, there was dip and baby carrotts, chocolate cake, chips, 1.5L of sav blanc and buff men on the big screen. I am not usually a fight fan, but since arriving in Toronto and hanging out with mainly men I have had no choice in my tv viewing, sport sport or discovery channel. So admitedly I got caught up in the hype for the big fight between Georges St-Pierre and BJ Penn. For those that dont know UFC its professiona fighting of all forms in one ring, majority fight style is Jujitsu, Wrestling or Kickboxing. It is a strange sport as the guys get in some real akward positions and its almost sexual at points.......anyway.
I watched the lead up fights too. Pretty horrible to watch but you still find yourself supporting someone. I was supporting Georges, the Frenchie, cut like you wouldnt believe, he kicked BJs butt. So anyway I am enjoying myself being a good sport following Aussie. The Fight finishes and the ice hockey match is put back on. I have been talking to the dog, a boxer, who has been sitting near me all night and as I bend down to pat her she goes for my left eye...........its scared the bejesus out of me, left a small scratch under my eye and I have a very tender eye socket this morning. I feel like I have been in a fight between the 1.5L of wine and the damn dog.
So there I am been attacked by this horrible dog for no reason, and I freaked out. I tried so hard to hold it in, but i could feel my body starting to convulse, my lower lip trembled, the tears welled.........after that there was no going back. I had to get away from this dog, I had the worst anxiety and I guess I had a panic attack of sorts as I couldnt breathe. I went outside hoping the freezing cold would shock me back to normality but I was a lost cause. So the big fight night came to a close with Georges winning, the token aussie chick bawling and the people who put on the party feeling mildly embarrassed that their dog had caused such a drama.

No comments: