Tuesday, February 17, 2009

3-1=thirty one






A year ago I was panicking about turning 30.........well where did that year go.....crikey 31 already, it came around so fast I didnt have time to worry! BUT fortunately for me the weeks leading up to it have been brilliant, they have made me feel youthful and fun loving, contented and very fortunate, so thankful for who I am, what I have accomplished, experiences I have had and friends I have made. Life is great so why worry right, why not just carry on this fabulous journey without a second thought. So I am and wow - W-O-W.
Indulging is such an amazing pleasure, i just do it in excess, poor me. I spent my 31st hopping from winery to winery in the Niagara region, certainly not as beautiful as other wine regions around the world, and they do charge per tasting, BUT the reason you do this in Canada is for their very delicious ice wines. Your taste buds come alive, they fall in love, they dance with joy as the beverage runs across your tongue and down your throat really slowly. By the time i made it to the hotel I was marinating in this fruity, exquisite syrup so much so my eyes were rolling......
Then I entered my hotel room at the Marriott, a Niagara Falls View room with hot tub....thought I deserved the best and ice wine makes you believe you are so very worth it, it was very impressive. The Falls are all lit up at night, 15 floors up, another bottle in hand.....why go down in the cold, get soaked by the mist when I can sit by a huge window, sip wine by a fire place and enjoy it from above. Even from my hot tub I could see the mist.....
Then just to top off it all I headed to the Day Spa, and this hot young masseuse worked away all the worries buried deep down inside me.......OMG I love a good massage......i hate it when they tell you its over and the hr feels like 5 mins but when you try to get up and walk you realise just how long and sensational it really must have been.
So I staggered like a zombie back up to my room with a king size bed, one of those special ones that have the heavenly mattresses.......had another glass of wine and passed out!
Too many pleasures are killer!!

No comments: