Sunday, January 25, 2009

Confronting Fear



Today I confronted my only fear head on - SNAKES!
It was not planned, had it been planned i would not have been able to do it.
Ever since travelling through AFRICA and having some close calls with snakes I have had nightmares frequently, waking in wet sheets and feeling anxiety all day. People say snakes are a good sign in dreams, NOT as far as I am concerned. I dream of albino Mambas chasing me down and swollowing me whole, I stay alive in their stomach as the acid eats through me....
Zombie dreams I love, snakes i simply can not do.
Today I was told by my friend that he had a new business and we needed to tend to it......he is in the reptile business it turns out and owns 25 snakes, all different kinds of pythons. All of which he had to take out and clean and feed.......I had no say in the matter.....there was no where to go unless I wanted to stand outside and freeze to death.
I felt so stressed, probably as stressed as the live rats we fed them.....
Snakes (shiver), just writing this makes me have to stop and breath deeply.........
Tonight will be a long sweaty night, some thrashing involved and a long grumpy day tomorrow.




No comments: